Thursday, February 14, 2008

Block.

Fruitlessly looking for inspiration around. My mind is dead tonight. The owl is almost asleep!
A few hours ago, the isles in Walmart showed off pink and red to me. Chocolates, candy, teddy bears, stickers, cards, trinkets, roses, tulips, bath gels, lip glosses, craft kits, prepackaged gifts, cello wrapped baskets with stuff toys, cute jammies, lingerie... all predominantly pink and red with heart motifs and cupid arrows. Love seems to be in the air like never before. Every corner of the humongous store was enitcing its patrons with bunches of fresh cut flowers and extra discounts on most of its wares. The store looked animated with men and women, boys and girls hunting around for thier tokens of love.
My half dead mind sifted through the clutter of those hearts and arrows. I did not find what I wanted. A half a dozen toddler spoons, a jar of play doh in fire engine red, A pack of thank you cards, A mini toy truck for a recepient that could hate it in most possibilities and a gallon of whole milk made it into the shopping cart and thru the check out line. I needed none of them, except may be the milk.
Pink and red, hearts and cupid arrows overwhelmed me and haunted me to my car and followed me till this very moment. I realise that I did not look twice at any of those things. Just one thought rotating in the clueless corners of my mind - An empty thought. As empty as this rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment