Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tense.

Before my Paradigm takes word form, I really need to ponder over the Tense. Grammar "tense" that is.
Once, when I was in seventh Grade, Seshakka told me something remarkable while teaching me Algebra. "If you don't use it, it'll get rotten (she referred to my brain) just like flour goes bad after a while".
What words of wisdom? It has taken me a decade and a half to understand what she actually meant.

I notice a lot of "tense fluctuations" in my writings which never happened a year ago. Well, it took me an year to actually start writing, and the flour got bad.
Reason enough to do this writing more frequently may be I can stop if from turning even badder:-))

3 comments:

  1. Hhhaaa hhha Tense fluctuations I face even now especially while trying to write a short story :) Loved this old post of yours Lakshmi ...never realized you have been blogging since so long :) Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sri - I'd been writing for thirty years now :-) LOL - the first five, I discount to make it sound more believable ;-P Thanks for excavating this one. SOmetimes, I dread reading past posts in fear of embarrassment :-)

      Delete