Saturday, April 23, 2005

Confessions of a God knows WHO.

"The edges are not done well enough" I think to myself while I say "awesome job" aloud. I am obviously trying to make my friend feel good, but my passion for perfection never lets me overlook miniscule details.

"The floor could have been cleaner, the performance could have been better, the direction could have been more creative, the ending of a particular movie could have been more sensible, Kavita Krishna murthy could have sung that song with more expression, Aishwary rai could have been a little more real (Ahem, ahem..how do men find her appealing?? ) How can Ekta Kappoor be so senseless in her plots?? Why doesn't Santu put more hours pracitising his RC? why does Geets never read anything? Oh my god, somebody ask sarat to brush up his grammar, he is driving me to the wall with his communication skills.
These are a few things that cross my mind in an average day. Linda Goodman says Virgos are critical, Virgos are perfectionsits. But more often than not, virgos are self critical too.
I should admit that I fail to distinguish between being critical and being perfect sometimes. I never can never wear an uncordinated PJ with a Tshirt though I don't make any public apperances in them. If a dress fails to convince me that I look good and most importantly comfortable in it, it never sees the light of the day. I hate when people scratch when they write, I hate it when someone is not professional enough on SA RE GA MA and I hate it when Annu Malik thinks he is the next best thing that has happened to Movie goers and music listeners after Kishore da and sings his own compositions (which are plagarised half of the times and are plagarised so not convincingly) I hate it when bhoomika chawla doesnt lip sinc well enough to convince us that she sang the song. I hate when aloo is not fried evenly or when the seasoning in the dal is over roasted.
I painted the room downstairs and could not do the edges any better than my friend. I do not sing any well or equally well as some of those bad participants in SA RE GA MA. I do not pronounce any thing any better than my music teacher (and I think to myself why in the name of God does she say Pralhad for Prahlad??) I do not co-ordinate my interior decoration any better than all of my friends. I don't usually make sure every miniscule spot it the grout has disappeared before I remove my gloves and put away my cleaners. I am not perfect, I am not the person who does everything the way it has to be done.
I like harmony in my sorroundings. I consciously avoid talking gibberish. I think I am mostly considerate and empathetic about people's views and shortcomings. Then why do I always spot out the hair strands on someone's livingroom carpet and the wrong usage of articles in someone's day to day conversations??
Am I being a perfectionist, a critique or a hypocrite???
Am I just being who I am or trying to be who I'm not??
Am I confused, depressed or being hard to please??
Am I being reasonable??? Am I ?????

1 comment: