Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cheek bones.

I read it in Allure this week about creating the illusion of cheekbones. Then I see some actress on TV wondering how to get her cheekbones "exposed" she sucks her cheeks in a pouts..but the coveted cheekbones fail to appear on her chubby cheeks. Then I read reviews about the oscars and somebody opines that Gwyneth paltrow's face is not as angled as it was before (from her post partom weight gain)
Ok, so what is it about cheekbones? Is it really as "in" as cleavage or botox infused lips?? Well, Then I see Malika arora Khan on the small screen, performing a steamy item number with our very own Shahrukh khan and the thing that stood out in her was not her pencil thin bod or her scandalous outfit. CHeekbones ofcourse! Her brown face looks so enigmatic with a sharply curved jawline and Cheek bones. She did'nt have to suck her cheeks in. She just had to purse her lips and pout. Lo and behold, you see one of the classic faces that had graced the silver screen. (I somehow find her teeth funny though! Ya, Jealousy thy name is woman)
Waheeda Rehman, Demi moore and Liz hurley are some names that come to mind when I think cheekbones. They really do make a difference and that's why they are so in.
I look at my five year old snap in search of cheekbones, I find them and actually find myself a lot more defined than I am today with my full face.
Next time I see someone striking somewhere, I'm sure to look for that angle, that structure that makes anyone's face a piece of art. If I have to look for them on my face, I better read Allure again.

No comments:

Post a Comment