Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Che sara sara.

"che sara sara" she crooned in full throated ease.
This third grader had a lot of attitude. Brown , short, short tempered and frail are a few words I can use to describe her. Something about her hair made me wonder if amma picked her up from the nearby anglo community. She had supersoft hair, always tangled, Rock starry looking. It was light auburn and every time I saw some pop singer on TV I was invariably thinking of this girl.
The similarity does'nt end with the hair. She sounded like a pop star too. (in terms of attitude that is!) I do not have any problem in admitting that she was good at what she did.
Her performance on stage was remarkable. Her hair was piled into some kind of a knot, a very unkempt knot. She was probably meddling with her hairdo backstage. (well, how long can a third grader wait for her turn without being upto something???)Red lipstick applied carelessly to her mouth made her look funny. I think she wore a red and white saree in Kerala style. (Her mallu Sister's influence)
"Che sara sara" became her signature. She sang this one left right and center. She won many hearts, bored that many souls (myself included) and made a statement about herself. This independent, confident litte girl had an aura about her.
My many blogs will be talking about the memories I have about this little one. She is really a star for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment